Silverstone Branch Library
As seems to be the way of things, a week or two (or five) ago, I "pinned" a link for some cool kids' printables to my Library Pinterest Board (http://pinterest.com/fabrikate/library/). I finally had a chance to take a look at it today, and it led to about a billion other discoveries of awesomeness available on the internet. Here's a look at the path of clicks that could lead you to some fantastic kids' projects and ideas.
1: How About Orange: A design-type blog with great colors and ideas. http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/2012/06/lots-of-printables-for-kids.html
2: Mr. Printables: A website full of great printable activities for kids that help promote early literacy skills, math and number awareness, and activities. http://www.mrprintables.com/
3: Mr. Printables List of Best Kids' Sites: A list of great sites, many of which have specific links for educators and librarians! http://www.mrprintables.com/best-kids-sites.html
4: Words for Life: Fun activities and book stuff for a variety of ages. http://www.wordsforlife.org.uk/
5: Reading Rockets: Cool stuff with a page just for librarians with links to booklists & video author interviews. http://www.readingrockets.org/
6. Seussville: Noisy Dr. Seuss awesomeness with an educators' page. Lots of printable activities as well as online games. http://www.seussville.com/
7. Mr. Men & Little Miss: My favorites from childhood. Printables and games and videos. http://www.mrmen.com/
8. Canon Creative Park: FULL of great (and sometimes intimidating) printables of extreme coolness. http://cp.c-ij.com/en/index.html
9. Crafty Crow: Another fun craft blog full of ideas that can be made in the library and then taken home. http://belladia.typepad.com/crafty_crow/
10. Starfall: More fun literacy games and activities. http://www.starfall.com/
11. How About Orange (again): I was looking for the link to the blog for this post, when I discovered another website full of beautiful printables.
12. PaperMatrix: Beautiful pictures of crafts and paper activities, many with instructions. http://papermatrix.wordpress.com/
Whew! So that was this morning's journey through the internet. Hope you find one or more of these sites useful!!