The Special Projects Library Action Team (SPLAT), sponsored by the Idaho Commission for Libraries (ICfL), has several positions to fill at the end of 2014. ICfL is currently soliciting applications from individuals who are working in the Idaho library community to serve a three-year term on SPLAT. We need representatives from all types of libraries – school, public, academic, special – and from all geographic areas.
What are the criteria to serve?
- Willingness to provide time to research trends and innovations in library services, as well as share that knowledge with the Idaho library community through a variety of venues.
- Have the support and approval of your supervisor, library, and/or Board of Directors.
- Complete the application found at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SPLAT by November 30, 2014.
- Ability to meet at least 4 times during the year (ICfL will reimburse travel costs)– includes attending the annual Idaho Library Association meeting.
- Demonstrate a passion for librarianship, innovation, and change.
- View librarianship from a statewide perspective – the 25,000 foot level!
The SPLAT team is composed of a diverse group of Idaho librarians. We are seeking to have representation from all geographic areas, all types of libraries, and all sizes of libraries, and individuals who are in differing stages of their career. This diversity brings strength to the group and allows the group to address the multitude of needs that are found within our highly diverse community.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Shirley Biladeau by email at Shirley.email@example.com or call 208-639-4149.