A day packed full of speakers, thoughts to ponder, and new information … take aways include:
- Teaching is something that is done to you while learning is something you do to yourself.
- John Seely Brown brought up the point that there is a new culture of learning — it requires tinkering, playing, creating new knowledge — not everyone is comfortable doing it.
- Instruction is going from a step by step format to a self-discovery, play format.
- Curiosity, questioning and connecting are important dispositions for the new culture of learning
- The skills we have today most likely will be out of date five years from now.
- Don’t be afraid to use your “Risk” muscle.
- Transliteracy is the ability to read, write, and interact across a range of platforms, tools and media …. digital literacy is the foundational base of transliteracy.
- Gary Price shared his best beta list: http://J.mp/bestbetas (there are some great ones in there be sure to check them out)
- Libraries are implementing a number of ways to serve patrons using mobile technology.
Follow the Twitter feed at #IL2011 — 2 more days!