I will be heading to Internet Librarian next week!! I will be presenting with Memo Cordova on SPLAT as a model for libraries, states, counties or regions.
SPLAT is a statewide collaborative that seeks innovation and trends in libraries, vets these ideas, and ultimately shares them with the library community. We see the results in the community – more people trying innovative services from mobile web sites to text message reference, library staff embracing gaming in libraries, libraries using flickr and other social networking tools to get out to where the users are. SPLAT has brought innovation and new services to all areas of Idaho – from changing policies in school libraries to starting new reference services. You can start your own group of innovation representatives to change the landscape of your state or region!
Not only did the organizers create this terrific mobile conference program, but the sessions are amazing!
I thought I should share the sessions I’m attending, and hope that you’ll take a look at the conference program to learn more about the current trends in libraries.
These are some of the presentations that look interesting now. I’m ready to have my thoughts and ideas changed! Influence me! Which programs should I be attending?
- Gaming and Gadgets Petting Zoo – Playing with the latest devices? Sounsd good to me!
- Faculty & Library Partnership for Learning – Looking forward to getting new ideas for liaison partnerships!
- Designing a Mobile Experience – Albertsons Library already has a mobile website, and we’ve decided not to create an app. We are, however, working on some sort of overlay that mimics the reference interview experience. So I’ll attend this.
- Videocasts and Podcasts – We’ve created a lot of video tutorials here. Can’t wait to hear about what’s going on!
- Managing Your Library’s Online Presence – Because while we at Albertsons Library just “do everything” we don’t have a consistent strategy yet. Do you have a web strategy for social networks?
- Facebook as a Learning Management Tool – We all have our own Personal Learning Networks, and I’ve started using Facebook this way myself. Have you? Where is your personal learning network?
- Mobile Content – How can we best serve our mobile users?
- Beyond 23 Things: For Staff & for Patrons – I’m looking forward to hearing about how 23 Things has infiltrated the country!
- Fail! Learn! Share!& Learning from Failure – Make many mistakes quickly!
- Think Mobile: Ebook Collections – Our new campus mLearning initiative will have several classrooms using eBooks on their mobile devices. Looking forward to hearing more!
- Introducing InfoQuest: Mobile Reference in a Changing Library – What arebest practices for mobile reference?
- Videocasting, Innovating, & Creating New Ideas –
- Rip Van Winkle’s Libraries in 2510 – Where are libraries going?
- Creating Partnerships That Engage Your Community
- Engaging Customers With Twitter
- SPLAT: Spreading Innovation & Ideas – Come see our presenation to learn more about the success the SPLAT has had in Idaho. SPLAT has brought innovation and new services to all areas of Idaho – from changing policies in school libraries to starting new reference services. You can start your own group of innovation representatives to change the landscape of your state or region!